Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 November 2014

[Engine] Whitebox + Updates

Rhys Bevan
07/11/2014 

Notes:
I'm putting a .rar of the level folder on the dropbox EDIT: No, I'm not. It's too big.
Some lighting glitches in shadow area
Weird interaction with blocking volume and static water mesh underneath bridge (glitching)
No way to get out of the map by accident, just need to add gate and end level event/trigger
Lighting keeps needing to be rebuilt, not sure why.
Need to know what time of day it will be in the level so I can adjust the intensity and the angle of the directional light
I'm not entirely sure what the lightmass importance volume did to the level specifically, but I understand what it does and Unreal told me to add it after first lighting build, so I did. Not sure if using it correctly, either.

To do list:
3rd person proxy mesh
Item pickup blueprint
Item pickup placeholder
More placeholder asset locations
Full controller movement mapping
Potential rescaling of buildings (Too small? Too large? Right size? I don't know.)
Lighting over placeholder lamps
HUD blueprint + beta HUD
AI?
Inventory
Building interior whitebox
(for now, there's more stuff I haven't thought of and I will tackle those at a later date.)

Stuff I added:
Rune pillar location/sea wall location
Alleyways (I couldn't find the layout that had the alleys included so I just placed them wherever)
Bridge
Placeholders for stuff like lamps/benches
Meter tall cubes for scale
Door placeholders on the shops
Blocking volumes over water so you can't fall in
Directional light and lightmass importance volume

Images:




Constructive feedback appreciated, bonus points if you tell me to do something and then tell me how to do it (if I don't know).

No comments:

Post a Comment